Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello World!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am Eride (air-i-day), a level 84 85! Blood Elf Discipline Priest, making my home on the Malfurion server. The purpose of this document is to track and detail my growth as a Discipline Priest. I began life around the start of the Burning Crusades as a simple Priest; working my way up to level 9 in the starting areas. At that time, I was frustrated with trying to kill things with very little DPS dealing spells. Too many death runs back from the graveyard make a girl sad. I decided to take up high-finance. I found a comfortable place in Silvermoon, near the Bank and the Bazaar and started making gold. Lots of it. Well, in my hey-day I made around 40,000 gold. That was sufficient to buy virtually anything that I wanted, even though I could never use them. I did this for almost 3 years. Then came the Shattering. By pure accident, I had reached level 15. Mostly grabbing up those candies around Halloween and helping tend the fires around Mid-summer festival. With this, I picked up the bug. The bug was to actually heal people. I wanted to help, to be important, to the society. Darkwing had a major effect on me. Over the last few months, I have gone from that simple priest, in basic vanity gear, to a level 84 discipline priest, ready to start taking on heroics. During this time, I have leveled almost solely via pugs using the Looking For Group (LFG) tool. This has helped me learn the spells available to me. Helped me to deal with surprises and how to keep complete strangers alive. Now as I roll into 85 in a few days, my guild has expressed interest in another raid healer. I think I am ready. Running dungeons and playing the auction house, I have the currency to pickup a few items from the vendors. More so, when I can start hitting the Heroics. I hope you check back. I'll try to share gear selections, strategies for keeping a group alive and maybe even bits of gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment